Launched in 1968 by Mr. S Swarn, the founding Editor-in-Chief and the CEO, Electronics Today is India's FIRST Techno-Economics Electronics Monthly Journal. Electronics Today is devoted to electronics and IT hardware, components, raw materials and production technologies.
Prior to the launch of Electronics Today, Mr. Swarn had published India's FIRST comprehensive Electronics Directory and Reference book- Guide to Electronics Industry in India in 1967.
Electronics Today is read by over 400,000 top and middle level Executives in the industry, Government and public sector undertakings, professionals, technocrats, design, development, and production engineers, and academia.
Electronics Today contains, a regular Pull- out- SmartCards Today, which brings out the latest news and developments in Smart Cards, RFID, biometrics, e-Security and Mobile communications technologies and industries. In addition to the regular 400,000 readers of Electronics Today, SmartCards Today is read by about 100,000 additional readers in the Government, banking, retail industry, transport, academic and R&D institutions and other user segments of these technologies.
Electronics Today, the FIRST Techno-Economics Electronics Monthly journal has several FIRSTs to its credit :
- FIRST- ever Electronics Exhibition in India- ELECTRONICS IN INDIA EXHIBITION in 1969;
- FIRST fortnightly tabloid newspaper, Electronics Review in 1972 (survived until 1986);
- FIRST focused exhibition and conference on electronic components, materials and production equipment in India, COMPONEX in 1995;
- FIRST International Conference on Smart Cards Technology and Applications in India in 1997;
- FIRST International Exhibition and Conference on SmartCard technology and Applications, SmartCards Expo in 1999;
- FIRST International exhibition and Conference on RFID Technology and applications - RFidIndia Expo - in 2004.
- FIRST International Exhibition and Conference - BiometricsIndia Expo - in 2007;
- Electronics Today has organised several International Conferences on emerging technologies. To name a few:
- Convergence of Computer and Communications in 1987;
- Value-added Telecommunication Services in 1991;
- Multimedia Computer and Communications in 1992;
- Globalisation of Computer and Communication in1993;
- Wireless Computer and Communication in 1994;
- Smart Cards Technology and Applications in 1997;
- RFID Technology and Applications in 2002;
- Nanotechnology and Microsystems in 2004.